Thursday, May 04, 2006

How I came here

I am one of the thousands if not millions, who have left their home land to move on and make money in a foreign place. Further education and settling down was the idea. Now I am settled down.

With not much of an idea of how I would get through living in Australia I came here. I had misconceptions and I hadn't planned this trip much. The planning sucked so much that I did not pack enough warm clothes. I checked on some site that Melbourne's weather ranges from 13 to 25 C. Assuming it can get as low as 13 in the winter nights, I got one blanket and a few sweaters. Last winter it hit 5 C at around 11 AM in Melbourne.

Another thing I had a misconception about was a part time job. I had only one friend living here and I spoke to her twice before I left Hyderabad. She said that getting a telemarketing job is easy to get. Australian governement is setting up a national Do Not Call Register now. So, telemarketers were just about to start being hated then.

The thing that I was most unconcerned about was my studies. I failed one subject in my first year of study.

But the important thing is I learnt that I can pull through surprises that spring up when you least expect. What I haven't learnt yet and don't want to, is to prepare too much for something I would like to begin. Would spoil the fun.

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Ashwinth was here......and good to read a blog of someone i can relate with ... Wishing u well...

  2. Anonymous said...

    Hi Aravind,

    going thru u r blogs.very nice,interesting and largely authentic ones....

    i liked it a lot...keep blogging...

  3. Anonymous said...

    Nice blogs. Hope you get the part-time job you deserve.